The professional staff at Somerby Golf Club has established a golf program for junior golfers designed to target all aspects of the game of golf. Our focus is to teach the fundamentals of golf, basic rules of the game, and etiquette that accompany the game. Through fundamental movement skills, contests and games, we will create a fun and social learning environment for all juniors to enjoy.
The Junior Golf Camps are designed for beginner to intermediate level golfers. The series of lessons will focus on the fundamentals of golf while introducing the juniors to etiquette and rules of the game. Junior Golf Camps have a Student/Teacher ratio of 8:1.
- Ages: 10-17
- Cost: $110
- Includes 4– 90 minute lessons
- Dates: Thursdays and Fridays (June 14, 15, 21, 22)
- Time: 10:30am-12:00pm
- Ages: 5-10
- Cost: $60
- Includes 4– 60 minute lessons
- Dates: Thursdays (June 14, 21, 28 and July 12)
- Time: 9:00am-10:00am
This "all inclusive" junior golf option is designed to help your young golfer to develop each aspect of their game and learn to apply that knowledge on the course.
Cost: $250 Members or $300 Non-Members
- Four- 45 Minute Lessons with Computerized Video Analysis
- One- 1 Hour On Course Playing Lesson
- Swing Video Analysis and Lesson Notes
- 1:1 Student/Teacher Ratio
- Short Game Evaluation
- Games/ Drills/ Practice Recommendations
Juniors that are enrolled in the Advanced Junior Series will have access to practice and play golf at Somerby Golf Club throughout the duration of the series. Call the Golf Shop before each visit to confirm availability.
Added Bonus: We will include one round of golf at Somerby Golf Club for the junior and one parent. The playing lesson will occur at the beginning of this round.
Katie Detlefsen, LPGA Certified Teaching Professional
Teaching Philosophy: I believe in student-centered instruction and coaching for players of all ages. Whether your goal is to compete at the highest level in tournament competition or to have more fun playing once a month, together we can develop an improvement strategy to help you find YOUR perfect golf swing and get the most out of your game.
- Hometown: Eagan, MN
- High School: Minnehaha Academy
- College: Full Division I Golf Scholarship to University of Central Florida
- Graduated Summa Cum Laude with a 4.0 GPA
- Academic All-American
- B.A. Advertising & Public Relations
- M.A. Mass Communications
- Co-Director LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Club of Lakeville, MN
- Seasonal Assistant Golf Professional at Raptor Bay Golf Club in Bonita Springs, FL
- Academy Instructor at the Rick Smith Golf Academy at Raptor Bay
- Studied under Henri Reis & Kai Fusser, Annika Sorenstam’s longtime swing & fitness coaches
- Featured Instructor on Golf Channel’s School of Golf and The Golf Fix
- Experience competing on the LPGA and Canadian Women’s Tours
- More than 7 years experience with industry leading Trackman radar technology
- Experience coaching at the D1 college level
- Minnesota’s first individual four time State High School League Champion
- Set 18 and 36 hole scoring records at MSHSL State Tournament
- Awarded the LPGA’s Dinah Shore Trophy in 2010 for best combined scoring average, GPA & Commitment to Community Service among Division I golfers
- Tapemark Charity Pro-Am Runner-Up 2012
- Top 10 LPGA Teaching & Club Professionals National Championship, 2012
- Top 20 Professional CN Canadian Women’s Tour Niagara, 2012